The technical flexibility of the zen Platform allows it to be completely adapted
to your requirements.
The technical requirements for modelling and developing applications on the zen Developer
are primarily derived from the requirements of Eclipse.
- Java Development Kit: 1.4.x or 1.5.x
- Eclipse: Version 2.1.2 or higher. 3.0 and 3.1
- Hardware: minimum 256MB RAM, 512MB recommended,
hard disk ca. 100MB including Eclipse
- Operating system: Windows XP, Windows 2000,
Linux (x86/Motif and x86/GTK) e.g. Red Hat Linux Version 7.1 and higher, SuSE Linux 7.1 and higher or
Solaris 8 and higher (SPARC/Motif), Mac OS X (Eclipse 3), additional operating systems upon request
- Database: one of the supporting databases, see zen Engine
The technical requirements for the runtime environment are exclusively defined by the requirements of failure safety,
response time and the respective load conditions. The server software needed depends on whether a servlet engine is
sufficient or whether an application server or cluster is being used. In a cluster, application servers of different
suppliers can be coupled.
- Hardware: The hardware entirely depends on the requirements
- Operating system: operating system with Java-VM 1.4.x or J2SE 5.0, Java-VM 1.3.x upon request.
Based on the servlet engine or application server used, additional requirements may arise.
- Database: Oracle 8i or higher, PostgreSQL 7.x or higher, HSQLDB (integrated in
the test version of the zen Platform) shortly also MaxDB, MySQL 4.x or higher,
DB2, Firebird 1.5 or higher and MS SQL, additional databases upon request.
- Servlet engine: Any servlet engine that supports the necessary Java VMs, e.g.
- or application server: Any application server that supports the necessary
Java VMs: JBoss, IBM WebSphere, Sun Java System Application Server Platform Edition 8, BEA WebLogic,
additional servers upon request.