A good development and runtime environment for the Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition (J2EE) has to meet
various requirements in order to provide added value in the short and long term:
- Flexibility: The software must be capable of adapting to changing
business processes and underlying technical conditions. It needs to provide effective support
for any possible transaction.
- Integration: The software must integrate seamlessly with legacy systems
and easily link up to third-party systems.
- Efficiency: Even high-quality software must be able to be developed
and maintained rapidly and at a low cost.
- Scalability: The software must be adapted to meet new requirements
and expand with them, if necessary.
The zen Platform is a model-based J2EE development and runtime environment for
developing server-based software. On the basis of these basic requirements it was designed to serve as
flexible platform for business critical applications.
Given the zen Platform's flexibility and scalability, its deployment possibilities
are virtually unlimited, making it the best basis for economical and efficient software development. Possible
fields of application include interactive web applications or business critical banking and insurance solutions
communicating via web services. The zen Platform is ideal as well for any kind of
eBusiness and eCommerce.
The following applications are cited merely by way of example without covering the entire range of possibilities:
- Data forms: from one-page contact forms to interactive questionnaires
consisting of several pages.
- Online marketing: shop solutions or marketing systems for shopping cart
products as well as for complex products which require additional explanations, such as insurance
products which are sold using a guided step-by-step process.
- Online banking: complex personalized applications involving a large
number of requests which are system critical, require asynchronous feedback processes and need
to be scalable.
- B2B data integration: applications without user interface exchanging
data on a technical level using web services or proprietary interfaces.
- Information systems: information systems with search and request
functions, which, on the basis of one application, are able to output results (e.g. invoices)
in any given format (e.g. HTML, WAP, PDF) while providing the same functionalities as a web
service as well.
Other types of use may be based on specific business or technical conditions for which the zen Platform
can offer a solution:
- Time-to-market: Rapid application development seamlessly follows the
rapid prototyping phase, regardless of the type of application.
- Load-based scaling: For applications which initially have to process
only few requests, but will have to cope with a large number of requests and guarantee
failure-safety later on.
Due to the flexibility of the model-based development, all applications developed on the zen Platform
can be easily adapted to changed conditions, irrespective of whether these are of a technical or business-related
Do not hesitate to read about additional details on the
expansion capability and flexibility of the
zen Platform, or experience its numerous
» additional advantages yourself.